Tuesday 12 December 2006

Fall from grace...

How conservative are you?

Guess I was a conservative person, loved to pray and went to church!

Now...not so conservative in that sense, church has been occassional playing ground. Well in my heart, I believe in conservative values but most people look at me as liberal sort of person. If u ask me republican or democrats? You'll know my answer, a staunch republican. Luckily, I aint no American hence I aint not required to choose either.

The meaning being a christian, a new christian convert?
I always proud to be christian and the values of forgiveness, love, compassion and freedom through the teaching of Jesus Christ. To be a christian is a hard work -really- it requires me to be of that taught by Jesus. However, if I just take a look around...the environment is really not so supportive. The modern values have replaced old good conservative, family-orientated values. Social fabrics breakdown are not just a concept, it is reality and is happening faster than ever. Oh...the pressure is there and I have managed to survive most of them and hopefully I will prevail for the rest of my life. But it does come at a cost. I have traded-in some core values of me as a christian to the pressure with the excuse of fitting in. Do I really have to do all of that? Is that what God want of me? or is that what I want God's teachings to be?

The world is an escalator that moves down, holding me as long as possible to reach the top...

".........But WITHOUT Faith it is IMPOSSIBLE to PLEASE Him; for he that cometh to God MUST believe that He IS, and that He IS a rewarder of them that DILIGENTLY seek Him." Hebrew 11:16


No comments: